This has to be one of the best ways to unwind after you have devoured a great mid-winter spread. Once all the pots and pans have been washed and carefully put away and the benches are sparkling clean. There is nothing left to do but retire to your favourite comfy chair and let the evening slip away while slowly sipping on one of these smooth cocktails. It goes without saying that you will need a sweet treat to go with your ‘after dinner coffee’, so I hope you take Kate’s advice and make some Italian ricotta doughnuts.
For one serve
- 30ml Vodka
- 30ml kahlua
- 30ml espresso shot (cooled)
- 5 – 10ml Sugar syrup
- Ice (for chilling glass and in the shaker)
- 1. First make the sugar syrup as it will need time to cool: mix equal parts sugar and water and heat untill all the sugar crystals have dissolved then cool.
- 2. Fill martini glasses with ice and leave to chill
- 3. Add ice and all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously
- 4. Empty the ice from the martini glasses and pour the mixture through strainer into the glasses. Let the mixture settle in the glass, so a nice foam layer forms on top. Serve