Courgette, ricotta and nutmeg pizza
A light, summery pizza, perfect fresh from the oven or off the grill. Use this dough recipe for the ultimate pizza crust. Definitely worth the effort of making your own!
Shave ribbons of courgette, toss with olive oil and pile high for maximum deliciousness. If you are lucky enough to have any courgette flowers, then are a beautiful looking and tasting addition. I love to add a little lemon and some Parmesan to the ricotta, it adds a pleasant sharpness.
Makes one large pizza
- 1 portion pizza dough, or a pre-made base
- 300g courgette, shaved into ribbons
- 300g ricotta
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250°C on Bake
- 1. Preheat pizza stone if using, otherwise oil a pan.
- 2. Combine ricotta, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice, and grated nutmeg. Taste, and season well.
- 3. Toss courgette ribbons in a little olive oil.
- 4. Stretch out pizza dough and place onto pizza paddle or into well-oiled pan.
- 5. Spread ricotta mix across pizza dough, top with courgette ribbons. Grate a little extra nutmeg over top.
- 6. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until golden brown and well-risen.