Jalapeño, lime and macadamia nut popcorn
On asking the boys in the design studio what their ideal rugby watching snack might be, they replied that it was anything they could eat without having to pull their gaze from the flat screen or remove a hand from their ice-cold beer. This fits the bill perfectly. The combination of jalapeño, lime and macadamia nut makes for an incredibly moreish snack so be prepared and make twice as much as you think you might need because I can guarantee before you know it will all be gone!
6 as a snack
- 175g popcorn
- 1/4 cup oil
- 25g butter
- 25g jalapeños, finely chopped
- 2 limes, zested + 2 tbsp juice
- 50g macadamia nuts, finely chopped or processed
- Sea salt to taste
- 1. Heat the oil in a large heavy bottomed saucepan and once hot add the popcorn and cook until all kernals have popped. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the jalapeños and fry for 2 minutes. Add the lime zest and juice and then the macadamias and cook for a further minute.
- 3. Mix the macadamia mix through the popcorn and season to taste.