If someone could work out the way to bottle sunshine, and turn it into a drink, I am pretty sure it would look, taste and feel like this Mango lassi; sweet, fruity, and packed with a small punch.
With summer only just around the corner, now is the perfect time to perfect your drink – I like mine with a huge dash of lime and cardamom on top for an extra kick. I am really looking forward to serving these over the summer, particularly when my family arrive from the UK, it will be the middle of winter there so I am sure they will appreciate some sunshine in a cup.
4 small or two large glasses
- 1 cup unsweetened natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup trim milk
- 2 cups mango pulp (I used sweetened mango pulp)
- 4tsp lemon
- 2 tsp lime
- 1tsp cardamom
- 1tsp runny honey (to taste)
- To serve;
- mint leaves
- sliced almonds
- lime juice
- crushed ice or ice cubes
- 1. In a large bowl, add the yoghurt, milk and mango pulp and stir until well combined
- 2. Add the lemon, lime and cardamom, mix into the mango lassi and taste. If you are satisfied, omit the honey.
- 3. To serve, pour over ice cubes or crushed ice, top with sliced almonds, mint leaves, a dash of cardamom and a squeeze of lime juice.