Seems the last word goes to me this year so I would like to start by thanking all our regular readers and all those that have enjoyed looking and trying all the many great recipes we have blogged this year.
Finally summer is starting to warm things up down here in Dunedin. Everything is growing like mad, we have already had some pretty good harvests from the garden and are looking forward to many more. It is perfect condition for some outdoor cooking, so grab the BBQ out of the dark corner it has been hibernating in over winter and fire it up.
This venison slider recipe will get your BBQ cranking, good for a little starter, or as a light lunch. The richness of the venison and tart of the beetroot marmalade go particularly well together, but after that whatever goes, have fun stuffing your slider with all your favourite flavours.
- Burger patty
- 500g venison mince
- 1 Egg beaten lightly
- Handful of breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 6 small dinner rolls or cut up a larger flatbread into small portions
- The rest
- Smoked cheddar cheese
- Finely sliced red onion
- Bean sprouts
- whatever you like...
- 1. Mix all the patty ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge.
- 2. Prepare the beetroot marmalade using the balsamic onion marmalade recipe as the base, adding the grated beetroot at the same time as the onion.
- 3. Once the mixture is chilled, remove from the fridge and mould into patties approximately 80g each.
- 4. Cook your patties on the BBQ or indoor on a cast iron skillet, cook until patty is no longer pink in the middle.
- 5. While the patty is cooking slice all your other goodies up
- 6. Remove the patties from the grill rest and then assembly your slider