Smoked Bacon and Cannellini Bean Soup
A hot bowl of this soup is the ultimate comfort food, perfect for a dreary night when you want something super delicious, nutritious and extremely quick to prepare. Once blended the beans seemingly have a magic ability carry the smoky bacon flavour, resulting in a soup that is wonderfully creamy and flavoursome.
- 1 large onion
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained
- 4 rashers of good quality smoked bacon
- 750ml vegetable stock
- Garlic infused olive oil (2tbsp plus extra to garnish)
- 1. Chop the bacon into small pieces.
- 2. Dice the onion.
- 3. Place 2 tbsp of oil in a pot and add the diced onion and half the bacon, gently sauté until soft and golden.
- 4. Add beans and vegetable stock, simmer gently with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- 5. Cook reserved bacon in a small pan until crispy.
- 6. Blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
- 7. Serve in a warm bowl garnished with crispy bacon bits and a drizzle of garlic infused olive oil.