Spiced BBQ Lamb
We are just coming into some warmer weather down here in New Zealand so it’s a perfect time to enjoy some fresh spring Lamb. So wake your barbeque from its winter slumber, give it a good dusting off and crank up the heat.
What better way to treat your lamb than dressing it with a spicy paprika coating then sear in all the juices over a hot grill.
Paprika has to be one of my favourite spices especially the Spanish version; it gives dishes great depth with its rich smoky flavour.
This spicy lamb dish combines well with the fresh tangy flavours of Lauren’s Israeli couscous hit with a splash of lemon and sprinkled with some creamy pine nuts!
- 8 lamb cutlets
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika (hot)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1. Using a pestle and mortar grind all the dry spices to a fine powder
- 2. Add the garlic and mash to a paste.
- 3. Add oil and lemon juice and blend into a smooth paste.
- 4. Rub each cutlet with the mixture and place them on one layer in a tray, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a couple of hours, or overnight is better.
- 5. Preheat your grill, remove the lamb cutlets from the wrap, brush olive oil on both sides of each cutlet, and then grill for 3 to 4 minutes perside.
- 6. Allow cutlets to rest for a few minutes before serving
- 7. To serve create a bed of the couscous mix on each plate, top with the spicy lamb cutlets, and a little more flat parsley leaves