If you’re a big zucchini fan like me, then you’ll have been enjoying the abundance of them around at the moment. I’ve been heading down to my local farmers market to pick up beautiful fresh ones of varying shapes, sizes and colour. Zucchinis are amazingly versatile and can be added to a wide ranges of meals – but in this recipe In this recipe, zucchinis are the star of the show.
This is my favourite dish to throw together at the end of the day that’s both quick and really tasty. I use zucchini noodles as a wheat-free alternative to pasta, and it’s a great way to add more vegetables into a meal. The toppings I’ve used here are my favourites, but the noodles make a great base for any toppings you like – so get creative!
- 4-5 zucchinis
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp pinenuts
- 75g prosciutto
- Garlic infused olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Cut zucchini into noodles using a spiralizer, or into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- 2. Lightly toast pinenuts in a pan over a medium heat and then set aside. These will brown very quickly, so keep them moving in the pan and remove from the heat as soon as they start to turn golden.
- 3. Sauté zucchini in a pan on med-high heat with garlic infused olive oil for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
- 4. When zucchini is tender, remove from the heat and then mix through tomatoes, basil and pinenuts.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper to taste, drizzle with garlic infused olive oil, and top with generous amounts of prosciutto and parmesan