Best ever pizza dough and sauce
During the development of our ovens we do a lot (seriously a lot) of cooking. We try the tried and proven and experiment outside of the box and although the gastromomic world is an endless adventure in experimentation sometimes time honoured simplicity just can’t be beaten. Beautiful soft pizza dough, a classic simple tomato sauce, a scattering of beautiful toppings and a very hot oven will take you straight to pizza heaven.
325ml (12 fl oz) tepid water
3g (.1oz)active dry yeast, or 6g(.2oz) fresh
550g (1lb 4oz) 00 flour, plus more for dusting
10g (.4oz) runny honey
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
10g (.4oz) flaky sea or kosher salt
Extra oil for oiling bowl
1 can Italian tomatoes
1 teaspoon flaky salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Mix water & yeast. Stir & leave for 5min
2. Meanwhile, measure flour, honey, olive oil and salt into bowl of stand mixer
3. Using dough hook attachment, on low speed, slowly add yeast/water mixture
4. Turn up to medium & knead for approx. 8min until smooth & elastic
5. Remove to a lightly oiled bowl & cover
6. Leave for approx. 2 hours until doubled in size
7. Divide dough into 4 equally sized pieces & roll out on lightly floured surface
8. Spread sauce over pizza and add desired toppings.
9. Bake on preheated pizza stone at 250°C (480F) for 8-10min until base is crisp & golden
1.Crush tomatoes by hand or blitz in a blender.
2.Add remaining ingredients