For the muesli
1. Melt the coconut oil with the agave syrup.
2. In a food processor blend 1/2 cup of almonds until reasonably fine and the other half still reasonably chunky (think a rough chop).
3. Mix the coconut oil mix with the almonds, the puffs and the salt.
4. Line a slice tin with greaseproof paper. Press the muesli mixture firmly into the tin, about 1 cm thick (you might need two tins). Bake for 15-20 minutes on 170ºC.
7. Take out and leave to cool.
For the date mixture
8. In a food processor blend the coconut, deseeded dates, cocoa, water and coconut oil.
9. In a large bowl mix the blended date mixture with the almonds and chia seeds.
10. Press the date mixture evenly on top of the muesli mixture.
11. Transfer the slice to the bench, leaving it on the baking paper.
12. Place another piece of backing paper on top of the date mixture and using a rolling pin, roll the two slices together. The muesli will stick to the date mixture.
13. Cut the slice into squares. Any excess muesli which doesn’t stick can be added back to the muesli jar.
14. Store in the fridge.