It’s difficult to overlook a nice side of salmon, but introduce our dill oil and whipped horseradish, and you’ll be taking it to the next level. This is a decadent, summery dish, perfect for chasing away those winter blues.
New Zealand Side of Salmon with Dill Oil and Whipped Horseradish
1.2kg side of salmon, skin off
1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
60ml/¼ cup olive oil
26g/2 cloves garlic, peeled
10g/2 tsp flaked pink salt
2g/1 tsp ground black pepper
60ml/¼ cup organic unsweetened soy milk
2 tbsp fresh horseradish root, grated
5ml/1 tsp apple cider vinegar
5ml/1 tsp lemon juice
5g/1 tsp flaked salt
125ml/½ cup macadamia oil
- Line a baking tray with canola oil spray and baking paper and place the side of salmon onto the tray.
- Using a mortar and pestle, place dill, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper into the mortar and grind until a smooth paste has formed, approximately three minutes.
- Using a pastry brush, spread the dill oil evenly over the salmon.
- Attach meat probe inside oven and place the salmon in the oven at shelf position two or three. Push probe into the thickest part of the salmon fillet. Select Probe function and set the probe to 50˚ C. Turn on the Roast function at 170˚ C
- To make whipped horseradish, place the soy milk, horseradish, vinegar, lemon juice and salt into a high speed blender jug and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove the lid and slowly pour the oil into the jug over 60 seconds. Blend for a further 30 seconds.
- Remove from the oven, slice into 30mm slices and serve immediately with whipped horseradish.
- Whittaker's Chocolate
- spelt flour
- rye flour
- Rice & Grains
- Pulses & Legumes
- Pasta & Noodles
- Nuts & Seeds
- ice cream
- Green tomatoes
- full cream milk
- Fish & Seafood
- Dutch process cocoa