Smoked Bacon and Cannellini Bean Soup
A hearty bowl of this soup is the perfect comfort food for a dreary night when you want something delicious, nutritious and quick to prepare. Once blended, the beans become infused with the smoky bacon flavour, resulting in a soup that is wonderfully creamy and nourishing.
1 large onion
2 cans of cannellini beans, drained
4 rashers of good quality smoked bacon
750ml vegetable stock
Garlic infused olive oil (2tbsp plus extra to garnish)
1. Chop the bacon into small pieces.
2. Dice the onion.
3. Place 2 tbsp of oil in a pot and add the diced onion and half the bacon, gently sauté until soft and golden.
4. Add beans and vegetable stock, simmer gently with the lid on for 10 minutes.
5. Cook reserved bacon in a small pan until crispy.
6. Blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
7. Serve in a warm bowl garnished with crispy bacon bits and a drizzle of garlic infused olive oil.